Equine Veterinary Journal (EVJ) now offers an app for iPads that allows you to download recent journal issues (Sept 2013-2014) to your Apple Newsstand.
Penn faculty, staff, and students can download the EVJ app through Penn’s subscription by following the Institutional Access instructions:
- Register for a Wiley Online Library account
- Access the Wiley Online Library from Penn’s network, and log in.
- Visit the roaming access section of “My Profile” and click “Activate Roaming Access.”
- Download the app from the iTune Apps store.
- Use your Wiley Online Library account to “Log In” to the app (see Logging in to the App section for instructions)
Once your account is set up and the app is downloaded, you will be able to access EVJ for 3 months. However, you will need to re-activate your roaming access from Penn’s network every 3 months to continue accessing EVJ content.
The app includes “Early View” articles but currently provides access to back issues of the journal only from 2013-2014. You can save articles or entire issues for offline reading. Each article presents its figures and any supplementary information in the sidebar, but supplementary files are not labeled so each must be opened to determine its content. The search function is limited to searching within an article rather than across issues.
Although the app has some limitations, users that rely heavily on this journal will find the app useful.
Compatibility to date: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch; optimized for iPhone 5.
View this and other vet-related mobile apps on the library’s Vet Apps webpage.