The Vet library has subscribed to several dozen more online books from ebrary*, EBSCOhost, ScienceDirect and Wiley, including:
- Equine Emergencies by Penn Vet’s own Dr. James Orsini
The new titles include:
- 11 equine books, including new editions of Equine Infectious Diseases and Equine Sports Medicine and Surgery
- 4 large/food animal books, including Turner and McIlwraith’s Techniques in Large Animal Surgery*
- 10 small animal books, including Fossum’s Small Animal Surgery (4th ed.)* and Piermattei’s Atlas of Surgical approaches to the Bones and Joints of the Dog and Cat (5th ed.)
- 5 books on laboratory animals , 4 on exotics, fish and wildlife
- 13 books of general veterinary and related interest , including new editions of Veterinary Anaesthesia and Statistics for Veterinary and Animal Science*.
Links to the books also can be found on the vet library’s ebook page.
ScienceDirect and Wiley ebooks can be viewed by any number of simultaneous Penn readers. The contents are presented in PDF chapters that can be downloaded to your desktop or ereader.
*Ebrary and EBSCOHost books generally allow only one reader at a time.
Questions? Please contact Margy Lindem